What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and recover information about the browsing habits of a user or of their device and depending on the information they contain and the way in which the device is used, cookies can be used to recognise a user.
What types of cookies does kingturbot.com use?
- Technical cookies, those that allow the user to navigate a website, platform or application and use the different options or services on them such as, for example, monitoring traffic and the transfer of data, identifying the session, access to restricted areas, recording the elements of a request, completing the process of purchasing an order, applying for registration for or participation in an event, using safety features during navigation, storing content for the streaming of video or sound recordings or sharing content over social media.
- Personalisation cookies: these allow the user to access a service with certain general characteristics pre-defined in function of a series of settings on the user's device such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytic cookies: these allow tracking and analysis of user behaviour on the websites to which they are linked. Information gathered by this type of cookie is used to measure activity on websites, applications and platforms and to prepare browsing profiles of users of those sites, applications and platform, in order to make improvements to the function of data analysis of usage data for users’ use of those sites, applications and platforms.
In addition, when we put YouTube videos on our website, the YouTube platform installs cookies to manage the advertising shown alongside those videos. That may also happen when we link to images on other websites. To allow you to follow us on social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter we use applets (widgets) provided by WordPress. These devices or cookies may allow third parties (such as Facebook and Google) to know that the user has visited our website and they may use that information to show the user advertising for related products and services.
You can accept or decline the use of these cookies but blocking them may mean that you are unable to use that type of service. Those cookies are provided and processed by third parties such as WordPress and Google, so that the user can use the tools that they provide to avoid or monitor their use. Specifically, when you visit www.kingturbot.comyou may activate the following third party cookies:
- WordPress: a platform owned by Automattic, a company based in the United States. WordPress cookies are analytic cookies for the preparation of web statistics and analysis.
- Gravatar: a service owned by Automattic that allows users to register an account based on their email address and create an avatar which will be linked to their account.
- Google Analytics: a web use analytic service owned by Google Inc., which allows use to know about the use made of our website by visitors to it, their geographic origin, etc. These cookies are analytic cookies for the preparation of web statistics and analysis.
Specifically, we use the following WordPress cookies:
User login control
personalising the user interface
In terms of Google’s cookies, we use the following:
Used to identify users
Two years from configuration or updating.
Used to limit the percentage of requests.
30 minutes from configuration or updating
End of browser session
Not used on ga.js. Configured to interact with urchin.js. Previously, this cookie acted together with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session or visit.
Two years from configuration or updating.
Used to store data about personalised variables for a visitor. This cookie is created when the programmer used the _setCustomVar method with a personalised visitor variable. It was also used for the withdrawn _setVar method. The cookie is updated each time data is sent to Google Analytics
Used to quantify the number of user who share particular content and how many pages they visit apart from the page on which the cookie is present.
The cookie notification tool on the website uses the following cookie:
The YouTube cookie notification tool on the website uses the following cookie:
Stores user preferences for using YouTube
Tries to estimate the bandwidth on pages which embed YouTube videos
Stores user video playback preferences for use of embedded YouTube videos
Used by YouTube to monitor user preferences when viewing an embedded YouTube video.
Además YouTube.com muestra publicidad en sus vídeos por lo que también puede utilizar los siguientes servicios que usan cookies de publicidad o publicidad comportamental:
- DoubleClick, a service of Google Inc. that offers technology products and services which are mainly sold to advertising agencies and media businesses to allow their clients to generate objective content and delivery and present reports on their interactive advertising campaigns.
How to manage Cookies on your device:
If you want more information about cookies and how they work you can visit the following website:
The best CSS cleaning tool helps you to organise your style sheets. Organise or compress your disordered code.